Twitter Facebook Tumblr Pinterest Instagram

« older | Main Largehearted Boy Page | newer »

December 7, 2007

43 Down, 9 To Go ("Best American Comics") (52 Books, 52 Weeks)

My growing adoration for the graphic novel genre had me anticipating this Chris Ware-edited volume for weeks. Ware has a keen eye and captures the zeitgeist of American comics. Masters of the genre from Lynda Barry to Ivan Brunetti to Charles Burns are all represented in this volume, as are several cartoonists new to me. Having focused on reading more graphic novels, I found I had already read about 40% of this book, but the other 60% was eye-opening and always impressive.

Can anyone recommend a similar compilation of less mainstream comics?

For two weeks, enter the coupon code "LHB001" at Atomic Books and receive 15% off this title.

My next book is McSweeney's Quarterly Concern Volume 24.


also at Largehearted Boy:

52 Books, 52 Weeks (2007 Edition)
52 Books, 52 Weeks (2006 Edition)
52 Books, 52 Weeks (2005 Edition)
52 Books, 52 Weeks (2004 Edition)
Book Notes (authors create playlists for their book)
Note Books (musicians discuss literature)

tag:


submit to reddit

permalink






Google
  Web largeheartedboy.com